3.30.2010

Coupons!

I used to hear of people saving all this money with coupons but I was too lazy to figure it out, and it seemed like so much work. Then I saw on facebook one of my friends took a pic like this and had some tiny tiny dollar amount written under it...it just so happened he was the pilot I was flying with that next day, so I drilled him on coupon questions and he taught me how to score big without a lot of hassle. I've been doing it ever since and it really is so easy, you don't have to look like the crazy lady at the store either. Trevor goes with me and he's even the one to remember to grab the Sunday papers for the coupons! This day I only spent I think $36 and got all this stuff! It's kind of hard to see, but there are a lot of high value things like 4 boxes of Benadryl, 12 cans of dog food, a Swiffer and a Swiffer refill, 4 Excedrin, 4 Dayquill, 9 bags of Easter candy, 4 big bottles of Scope...and more...so for $36 that's so good! I've learned to only get the things, including the brands, that we will actually use. I'm amazed at how fast our storage has built up. The amount of money spent on groceries every month has been the same, but the amount of stuff we've been getting for our money has doubled. I always thought it was kinda tacky when people took pics like this, but I had to do it just once...5 years down the road from now when I'm looking back at this post all neatly printed out in our "blogbook", I hope to have got something great with the money we've saved...like botox, or boobs, or maybe just a full pantry and a cozy balance in our checking account!

No comments: